We’re all about maximizing your every minute with us.
To best prepare you for your stay, please find answers to commonly asked questions below. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking a reservation at Ferncrest
What is your cancellation policy?
- A 100% deposit is charged at the time of booking.
- Cancel at least 14 days before arrival for full refund.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of arrival will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
- All cancellations requests must be emailed to email@example.com
- All changes/cancellations made to a reservation will incur a $25/fee.
Do you allow dogs?
Yes! Guests may bring up to 2 dogs per tent for a $40/night fee. Dog owners must adhere to the following dog policy:
- Dogs are allowed for stays in specified “dog friendly” tents only.
- $40 cleaning fee per night for up to 2 dogs
- Dogs may not exceed the weight limit of 80lbs.
- Please bring a dog mat, dog bed, or small crate for the dog inside your accommodation.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Dogs must remain on a leash when in community areas and around other guests.
- No dogs that are aggressive toward other guests or other dogs.
- No dogs that are uncomfortable, anxious, or under stress with new places and faces.
- No dogs that bark excessively or at people, when others come to the door, at night, or are left unattended.
- No dogs in the General Store, Welcome Center or any other indoor space.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
Packing for Ferncrest
Do I need to bring linens + towels?
Linens and towels are provided. We love Brooklinen's bedding and think you will too!
Do I need to bring my own toiletries?
Shampoo, conditioner, body soap and hand soap are all provided.
What is your recommended packing list?
Here is our best recommendations for essentials:
- Bathing Suit for hot tub (if included in your tent)
- Refillable water bottle
- Cookware + Cooking Utensils
- Hiking/Walking Shoes - A pair you're ok with getting wet or muddy.
- Extra Pair of Shoes - A pair to change into if your other shoes get wet or muddy.
- Clothing Layers - Remember, we're in the mountains and it's cooler up here, especially at night.
- Please keep valuables at home.
Note: Linens and Toiletries - Ferncrest provides all linens, blankets, pillows, and towels. There is shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the showers. If you would like to use a hairdryer while on-site, please bring one. We do not have any hairdryers on-site. All of our bathrooms have convenient outlets to plug into.
Can I pitch my own tent?
Unfortunately no campers, RVS or personal tents are allowed on site.
Getting to Ferncrest
How do I get there?
We are located at 16 Edgar Ln, Greentown, PA 18426
Do you have parking?
Parking is limited to designated parking areas, which eliminates vehicles driving up to individual sites. By not having vehicles at sites, it allows guests to enjoy their own private camp experience. We do offer wagons to help carry any bags to/from the parking area.
Staying at Ferncrest
How do I Check-In?
You will receive an email and text message upon arrival and departure with our check in / out process.
Do you have Wi-Fi?
Yes, we offer complimentary WiFi in The Commons (front lawn). Some Wi-Fi can be reached in other spots throughout the property but may not have the strongest signal.
Will I have Cell Phone reception?
Ferncrest is remote. There is little to no cell service at Ferncrest or in the surrounding area. However, we have Wi-Fi setup in The Commons area. Some Wi-Fi can be reached in other spots throughout the property. Please enable Wi-Fi calling before your arrival.
Is there laundry on site?
Unfortunately there is no self-service laundry available on site but there are a few laundromats in town about 15 minutes away.
Can you recommend any hikes?
YES! We absolutely love hiking in this area - the best options are all in Promised Land State Park and we highly suggest checking out All Trails Hikes depending on your preference for time and distance.
Do you offer daily housekeeping?
We do not offer daily housekeeping service. Additional blankets, towels, or anything else you might need is available upon request. Kindly keep in mind we are an invisible service (link) campground so any requests will need to be made in advance.
Do I need to bring firewood?
Unfortunately due to local county regulations, all firewood must be native to the area. All firewood for campfires, hot tubs and indoor fireplaces must be purchased on site from our Camp Store. Any outside wood found on site will be subject to fines.
Is there a fridge for groceries?
All our tents come with a cooler and ice can be bought at our General Store (or brought with you). Dome Tents include a mini refrigerator.