Deposit, Cancellation and Change Policy
- A 100% deposit is charged at the time of booking.
- Cancel at least 14 days before arrival for full refund.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of arrival will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
- All cancellations requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All changes/cancellations made to a reservation will incur a $25/fee.
Check in / Check out
- Check in is 3:00pm. You are welcome to check in after this time, but please note there may not be someone on site if assistance is needed.
- Check out is 11am.
- Early Check In and/or Late Check Out may be available for an additional charge. Please contact us if interested.
- Guests may bring up to 2 dogs per tent for a $40/night fee.
- Dog owners must adhere to the following dog policy:
- Dogs are allowed for stays in specified “dog friendly” tents only.
- $40 cleaning fee per night for up to 2 dogs
- Dogs may not exceed the weight limit of 80lbs.
- Please bring a dog mat, dog bed, or small crate for the dog inside your accommodation.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- Dogs must remain on a leash when in community areas and around other guests.
- No dogs that are aggressive toward other guests or other dogs.
- No dogs that are uncomfortable, anxious, or under stress with new places and faces.
- No dogs that bark excessively or at people, when others come to the door, at night, or are left unattended.
- No dogs in the General Store, Welcome Center or any other indoor space.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
For the enjoyment of all guests, we ask for quiet after 9pm. We do not allow amplified music of any kind at any time of day - this includes small portable speakers. If we receive multiple complaints about noise you will be asked to leave.
100% Smoke Free
- Ferncrest is a 100% smoke-free facility
- Any evidence of smoking on site or complaints made from guests will be asked to stop. If you or your guests choose to smoke inside one of our tents, a $500 cleaning fee will be added to your bill.
- This includes smoking tobacco, marijuana, illegal drugs, e-cigarettes, vape pens, diffusers, hookahs, incense, cigars and candle burning.
21+ to Book a Reservation
To book a stay an individual must be 21 years or older. Guests under 21 years are welcome to stay with Ferncrest as part of the reservation!
FirearmsNo firearms are allowed on premise. This includes guests and visitors, even those possessing a valid license or permit to carry a firearm. The only exception to the restrictions is for law enforcement officers and designated military personnel, who are on-duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties.
All Guests at Ferncrest deserve respectful and inclusive environments. Ferncrest strives to ensure that all guests have access to programming, facilities and accommodations in which they feel comfortable and safe. Ferncrest does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination based on any personal characteristic, including race, color, gender, religion or nationality.
Ferncrest reserves the right to remove guests whose actions do not align with this policy, and whose actions are detrimental to the health, safety and dignity. Ferncrest may exercise these rights on a case-by-case basis.
All guests and Ferncrest staff are encouraged to report any actions inconsistent with this policy. For more information about our anti-discrimination practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us.
As part of our commitment to guest safety, employees will not disclose the identity, accommodation, or presence of a guest to anyone other than appropriate law enforcement. This includes the taking of or delivery of messages or indirect forwarding of phone calls. It is the responsibility of guests to communicate their presence and accommodation number to any person they wish to receive calls or visits from.
Safety cameras are used throughout the Ferncrest property, and anyone on our property may be recorded. Ferncrest assumes no responsibility for any personal bodily injury incurred while using our facilities.
We shall have the right to right to refuse or deny accommodations, facilities or privileges to:
- Any person who is unwilling or unable to pay for the accommodations and services offered by Us;
- Minors unaccompanied by the minor’s parent or legal guardian who fail to comply with the requests made by Us in accordance to PA ST 48 Pa. C.S.A. § 1311(a)(1);
- Any person who is disorderly;
- Any person who We reasonably believe is seeking accommodations for an unlawful purpose, including the unlawful possession or use of a controlled substance by the person or the use of the premises for the consumption of alcoholic beverages by any person under 21 years of age;
- Any person who we reasonably believe is bringing into the lodging establishment property which may be dangerous to other persons, including explosives or illegal firearms;
- Any person who exceeds the maximum number of persons allowed to occupy a particular guestroom.