Welcome to Ferncrest!
Below you will find some helpful information for your stay - please make sure to read this page in its entirety so you are well prepared for what to expect while staying with us.
An important note - our primary form of communication is text messages, including check-in, on-site events and special needs. If this will be an issue, please let us know immediately to ensure you receive all the proper communication.
Good to Know
- Ferncrest is an invisible service campground. We do not have a front desk and while someone is usually on site, we are often behind the scenes. As such, we do a lot of preparation work to ensure everything you need is waiting for you in your tent. If you foresee needing anything please reach out to us in advance. And during your stay we are always just a call or text away.
Cell Phone Reception:
- As we are located deep in the Pocono Mountains, cell reception is challenging. We recommend all guests enable Wifi calling prior to arriving to take advantage of our wireless internet for wifi calling / texting in The Commons area.
- Our water from all tap sources are safe for drinking. Our water comes from a private well that is tested regularly and monitored by the local Department of Environmental Protection. We highly recommend bringing a reusable water bottle!
Check In / Out
- Check in is 3:00pm.
- Check out is 11am.
- Check in / out process will be texted separately closer to your arrival.
- Early Check In (1pm) and/or Late Check Out (1pm) may be available for an additional $25 charge. Please contact us if interested.
What to Pack
Ferncrest provides all linens, blankets, pillows, and towels. There is shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the showers. We do not have any hairdryers on-site. All of our bathrooms have convenient outlets to plug into. In addition here are a few recommendations for essentials:
- Bathing Suit for hot tub (if included in your unit)
- Refillable water bottle
- Bug Spray
- Cookware + Cooking Utensils
- Hiking/Walking Shoes - A pair you're ok with getting wet or muddy.
- Extra Pair of Shoes - A pair to change into if your other shoes get wet or muddy.
- Clothing Layers - Remember, we're in the mountains and it's cooler up here, especially at night.
Please keep valuables at home.
There is one parking space available per unit. When you arrive please park in the designated Campground Guest parking lot.
As parking is limited to designated areas we have eliminated driving up to individual sites. By not having vehicles at sites, it allows guests to enjoy their own private camp experience. We offer wagons to help carry bags to/from your campsite.
Cooking at Ferncrest
Every tent comes with an outdoor grill plate. Everything else should either be packed or purchased in our store (opening mid-July). A few of our suggestions:
- Grill utensils
- Firewood (also available for purchase on site)
- Pre-ground coffee (Chemex and electric water kettle provided - Crest and Dome Tents only)
- Paper Towels
- Aluminum Foil
Wildlife + Bugs
Ferncrest is located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains next to Delaware State Forest and Promised Land State Park. Wildlife and bugs are all part of being in nature. We kindly and strongly ask that you do not leave food or trash outdoors at any time and that all trash is thrown away in our animal-locked receptacles. You will note there are no trash cans in the tents themselves. For your own safety, this is to prevent any wild animals from considering coming into the tents. If you encounter wildlife on property, do not approach or feed them.
Dogs at Ferncrest
Dogs must be kept on a maximum 6-foot leash at all times and may not be left unattended.
Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their dog. Dispose of dog waste in one of our receptacles. Ferncrest is not responsible for and will hold the owner accountable for any injury or damage caused by your dog.
Help us keep everyone safe by following these fire safety rules:
- Never leave fires unattended.
- Always put out fires before going to sleep.
- Always keep a water bucket or fire extinguisher nearby when making a fire.
- Keep flames low and remain at a safe distance from the fire.
There is a fire extinguisher located in your tent. In case of fire, please use your extinguisher and notify a Ferncrest team member immediately.
Dome Tent Guests Only
- Your tent comes with traditional keys and lock. Your key will be waiting for you in your tent when you arrive. Please leave your key in the tent when you depart. Lost or stolen keys will be charged a fee.
- All you need is wood, water and a match! Our wood-burning cedar hot tub was designed for off the grid relaxation. Guests are encouraged to plan accordingly as heating of the hot tub typically takes 3 hours for a 4 - 6 hour enjoyment time period. To better prepare, operating instructions can be found here. Firewood can be purchased in our General Store.
- Mini refrigerator, 65 qt cooler, microwave and Chemex pour over are all provided.
- There is an iron wood-burning indoor fireplace in your tent. This operates like a traditional fireplace. As such, the iron exterior (including the top and sides) get very hot and will burn to the touch. Please use with extreme caution around children and pets.